The art of wisdom is the ability to ignore the unnecessary details.
From the psychological point of view, flanker task is a special test used for studying human visual attention and other characteristics of this cognitive function. This objective is based on the specifics of human perception, which concern the distribution of attention to some similar and close objects while only one of them must be identified.
Based on the effect of flanker task, some efficient simulators have been developed, the essence of which lies not only in the development and care of human concentration, but in improving the relationships between the various structures of the brain, which lets using them simultaneously.
Brief Historical Data
Flanker task originates from 1976. It was developed by a well-known psychologist, Charles Eriksen. Scientists conducted an experiment, in which he asked to select a letter of the alphabet surrounded by other distracting letters. During the test, Erichsen noted that the smaller was the distance between the desired character and others, the longer and more difficult was it to give the correct answer. Charles Eriksen made an priceless contribution to the development of psychology, which encouraged better understanding of some attention features aspects .
Flanker task is used in psychology in two ways:
- Evaluation of the properties and characteristics of attention, including switching ability, concentration, visual attention;
- Development of these indicators using specially developed techniques and games, some of which are located at IQClub.
With elaboratetests and training, you can improve your concentration. With the flanker task you get better in recognizing the essence, without the distraction of the surrounding factors, even if they are similar to the correct answer, solution, or conclusion. Peripheral vision also develops a bit (depending on the type of the training). In general, psychological use of this technique can significantly improve mental abilities.
Types of Games
IQClub has several games based on flanker task concept. All of them are similar to each other, but still have some specific features. Types of workouts for attention improvement:
- Flanker task. It develops concentration, improves readiness and endurance while working. The game most similar to the original, which can be passed here.
- Space. This version of the workout that can be assessed in the special section, improves the practical principle of decision-making. The game will help you in developing the ability to evaluate specific evidence, solving logic tasks efficiently, avoiding getting distracted by minor problems.
- Airport. The game is designed to develop attention and thinking speed improvement. During training, several parts of the brain are engaged in at the same time, which has a positive effect on the total cognitive function. You can check this game at the special page of IQClub website.
Each game has a lot of advantages and allows to kill some time with excitement and use. After a week or two, regularly exercising people will feel the improvement of many cognitive skills.
together with IQ Club
Over 511499 parents have already chosen IQ Club to
develop their children!